Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Amazon.es opened its virtual doors in September 2011 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything that they might want to buy online. Over the last 5 years Amazon.es has expanded both its catalogue –now offering everything from Books, DVD’s or Toys to Fashion, Sports, Musical Instruments and Grocery items to name just a few– and range of services, from a constantly improving Prime program to ultra-fast deliveries in Madrid and Barcelona through Prime Now.
Amazon Spain is seeking a highly professional, experienced communications expert for the role of Senior Corporate Communications Manager, heading up all Corporate Communications for Amazon in Spain. The purpose of the role is to lead Amazon’s corporate communications planning and programming to help maintain and enhance the corporate reputation of Amazon in the Spain through effective advocacy with corporate media, industry analysts, key opinion leaders, think tanks, charities and NGOs as well as other corporate influencers. This role will help to build an understanding of the significant contribution made by Amazon to consumers, businesses and creative professionals, as well as the Spanish economy and society as a whole, as well as handle issues management and reactive media relations activities.
This position requires an intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional with high ownership and ability to work as part of a super-motivated team. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation and have a track record of generating results. She/he will own and lead several projects aimed to have a long-term impact in the reputation of Amazon Spain, with special attention to Amazon sellers. This leader will deal with media contacts and national news desks on a daily basis. She/he will pay painstaking attention to important details and will be able to roll-up her/his sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of the role’s direct remit.
Excellent writing skills in both English and Spanish are imperative for this role. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate a clear viewpoint on complicated issues, creating a concise and well-written narrative to express this opinion. She/he will develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges and help shape Amazon’s corporate narrative in Spain.
Charismatic and a natural relationship builder, this professional will have key contacts in both the newsrooms and the civic arena to be able to establish solid and long-lasting partnerships with media organizations and NGO to strengthen the Amazon in the Community program.
The successful candidate will communicate an excitement and enthusiasm for customers, sellers, vendors and the Amazon business and brand as a whole.
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
· Lead Amazon’s corporate communications work in Spain
· Manage reactive corporate reputation issues and media relations in partnership with other members of the PR team in Spain and across Europe
· Formulate and implement communications goals, strategies and tactical PR campaigns and programs that advance our business goals and strengthen our corporate reputation.
· Develop and deploy a PR strategy for our growing seller business in Spain, highlighting the enabler capabilities of Amazon for the Spanish small business in its transition to the digital economy.
· Conduct proactive and reactive media relations in support of Amazon’s corporate reputation.
· Help manage Corporate communications and support Public Policy work through the development and execution of relevant PR campaigns.
· Manage the internal communications activities for Amazon’s corporate employees in Spain.
· Create and update proactive communication materials
· Manage the Amazon in the Community corporate responsibility program, from strategy to daily implementation.
· Manage sponsorships, events and speaking opportunities aimed at building Amazon’s corporate reputation.
· Develop effective outreach programs to additional corporate stakeholders such opinion leaders and third-party groups.
· A minimum of 10-12 years in an agency/in-house communications experience, including managing teams.
· Background working at senior levels within the Spanish business, media, political and corporate responsibility environment.
· Track record of successful delivery of major corporate, B2B and B2C communications campaigns.
· Extensive experience in working effectively with media and other corporate influencers.
· Previous awareness and expertise in corporate responsibility preferred.
· Experience in dealing with corporate communication crisis.
· Practice in implementing effective internal communications strategies and programs
· Exhibits excellent business judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks strategically, but always stays on top of tactical execution
· Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels
· Innovates and comes up with new, peculiar and effective ideas
· Thinks big and long-term
· Is action and results oriented
· Is highly analytical and structured; pays extreme attention to details
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others and earn their trust through building coalitions and delivering results