Amazon is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world and we need smart people. As a member of Amazon's Corporate Systems Infrastructure team, you can help build the foundation for Amazon services.
Our Team provides Amazon builders with secure and transparent foundational services anywhere they need them worldwide . We are seeking a passionate and motivated engineer to participate on a team of Linux Systems Engineers and Developers.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, systems engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Systems Engineer you will:
· Have end-to-end ownership of major engineering projects within the Corporate Systems Infrastructure space
· Build and rollout systems to multiple global regions
· Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality
· Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and meet their demands
· Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to in life operations
· Create and update our infrastructure and security standards and ensure that the systems adheres these standards
· Review and implement changes on the systems utilizing thorough test plans
· Work closely with our automation teams to assist in defining the tools we require
· Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our system quality and reliability
· Work with a wide range of technologies
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills, and has a successful track record of delivering large-scale engineering projects to completion. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges, and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
· 5+ years' overall Systems Administration and Engineering experience
· 3+ years’ experience with a UNIX/Linux operating system
· 1+ years' scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Perl, Shell, Python and/or Ruby)
· Experience with network components (Load Balancers, Firewalls, etc.)
· Excellent Network troubleshooting fundamentals
* Amazon.com Data Center’s are 24x7 environments. All interested candidates must be prepared to work on-call.
* Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
· Experience with AWS technologies and services including industry certification (AWS Solutions Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS SysOps Admin)
· Experience working in a fast-paced DevOps environment (familiarity with DevOps concepts and lifecycle)
· Strong Linux debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues
· Exposure to massive-scaled distributed systems
· Previous experience with the following in a LINUX environment
· Experience with Configuration management systems (i.e. Ansible, Chef, CFEngine, etc.)
· Experience in a 24x7 production environment
· Experience with mission critical systems
· Ability to track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Strong sense of ownership and urgency
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation