Amazon Prime Video is one of the world's leading video streaming services, available in more than 200 countries worldwide. Amazon invests in acquiring, producing and programming TV shows and movies - from originals and exclusives such as The Grand Tour, American Gods and Man in the High Castle and more recently Sports including NFL Thursday Night Football. Prime Video also offers new release movies for rent or purchase (TVOD) and additional subscriptions for live and on-demand Channels including HBO, Showtime, Starz, Discovery and Eurosport.
Channels have launched in US, UK and Germany and this is a new and fast-growing area within Prime Video. As part of this expansion we are seeking a senior leader to join the European Channels & Sports team, based in London. This individual will be responsible for widening the content range with the development of new channels.
Main responsibilities include:
· Develop Prime Video's European strategy for new channels, collaborating with global peers
· Work with major broadcasters across Europe, translating their requirements into Amazon capabilities and execution for our customers
· Engage internal teams (product, tech, ad sales, marketing, finance, operations) and act as internal champion for new product requirements.
· Establish a test and learn approach, continually improving the offering for customers
· Strongly analytical, data-driven and strategic mindset
· Excellence in internal and external communications, with an ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and concisely, both written and verbal
· Action-oriented, with ability to convert ideas into practicable execution
· Customer obsessed, focused on making the experience great
· Commercially aware, able to negotiate and find economic solutions
· Extensive years' experience in the TV, digital, media sector
· MBA and/or strategy consulting background would be advantageous
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.