We’re looking for a talented attorney to support our North America Operations and Robotics teams. You will partner directly with these teams as they design, develop and implement new strategies, initiatives, and services to support our operations and fulfillment network. You will provide legal guidance on the development and deployment of robotic solutions, including advice on commercial agreements, software development, licensing, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance.
The attorney will:
· Structure, draft and negotiate technology, supply chain, licensing, and other commercial agreements.
· Counsel on regulatory matters.
· Provide ongoing legal advice to a fast-moving and innovative team of engineers and technologists.
· Act as an exceptional representative of Amazon to external stakeholders.
Some travel may be required.
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business.
This position can sit in either Seattle or Boston.
· J.D. degree from an accredited law school and membership in one state bar is required.
· 5+ years of legal experience, with some portion of that experience focused on commercial transactions and regulatory compliance.
· 3+ years of experience in a top national or international law firm is required.
· Experience with technology transactions and licensing.
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
· Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Great judgment even in ambiguous situations.