We're looking for experienced Software Development Engineers (SDE) that are excited about the opportunity to build a new suite of applications on AWS, for AWS! We're an agile development team based in Seattle tasked with creating applications that empower internal employees to help AWS customers make better business decisions. Specifically, our team enables thousands of AWS employees to make proactive, data-driven recommendations that lower customer spend on AWS, predict customer migration costs to AWS, encourage customers to utilize relevant AWS programs, and recommend AWS services that meet the technical requirements of customer workloads.
At AWS, we obsess over our customers. The AWS Business Development (BD) team has focused much time and effort to understand how AWS can add value for customers from a business perspective, outside of launching new AWS services or feature enhancements to existing services. The AWS BD team has manually tested and proven a handful of these business recommendations and now we’re ready to build a suite of web tools that can scale these recommendations to customers and internal AWS employees around the globe. Our goal is to build a suite of applications that empower employees to cultivate a deeper relationship with customers, turning Amazon into a strategic business partner, in addition to being a world-class cloud computing provider.
As a SDE on the AWS BD Engineering team, you’ll work with a team that's fully responsible for every aspect of the software development cycle, including software architectural design, data integration from various internal systems, building backend services for data recommendations, development of highly interactive web applications, software deployment using continuous integration tools, and monitoring to ensure high availability. You’ll participate in all major software/architectural design decisions, help to define and optimize the team’s development workflow, ensure code quality is of the highest possible quality, and ensure the team is adhering to software development best practices.
At Amazon, individual engineering teams are responsible for selecting the appropriate languages, frameworks, or technologies best suited to solve the problems at hand. Additionally, the AWS BD Engineering team has full access to every AWS Service and many other powerful, proprietary Amazon tools that improve developer productivity, ultimately leading to more powerful applications. The team works in agile methodology, to ensure we’re adding value with each iteration. Success will be defined not only by applications that meet functional business requirements, but applications that can gracefully operate at AWS’s ever increasing scale.
If you’ve worked at a startup or similar face-paced environment, you're excited to work modern tools that address complex business problems, you have excellent computer science skills (OO, Algorithms, Data Structures, Design Patterns, etc.), and you're looking for experience as a full stack SDE, this job is for you!
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience using AWS services like EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, RDS, Elasticsearch, Lambda and API Gateway
· Experience working with Content Management Systems and/or Document Management System
· Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation