Amazon.com was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. The AWS Support team is both a self-standing P&L and a critical operational function with the ability to drive Free Cash Flow and a world class customer experience. We have a team of talented technical customer service associates, support engineers and software developers located in 9 locations around the world.
AWS has an opening for an Operations Manager, Customer Service, based in Cape Town, South Africa.
The Operations Manager will set the vision, direction, and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing individual coaching feedback sessions, maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as leaders and point of contact for escalated contact resolutions.
**This role is supporting cloud computing customers, so the individual will have to demonstrate a technology affinity to be successful.**
Overall responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing associates and team manager(s); responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the team.
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality of work.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AWS (Amazon Web Services™) policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Communicating policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Owning and driving performance metrics with the team, to include the use of a Quality Assurance program to "Move the needle"
- Solving complex customer service issues and proactively heading off negative service trends.
- Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies and procedures. The Operations Manager will have the ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations.
- Voice of the Customer: Summarizing and providing critical analysis to top 3 customer issues to be improved on a quarterly review cycles.
- 5+ years relevant experience managing customer service team (from associates to managers).
- Direct experience in Contact Center Operations (Customer Service, Technical Support, Sales, or Collections).
- Strong oral (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills.
- Able to work in an ambiguous, internet-speed environment.
- Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience with every contact.
- A record of driving projects to improve support-related processes.
- Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings)
· BA/BS/Masters degree or equivalent experience
· He or she will have strong experience with quality engineering, process improvement, and operational excellence.
· This leader will be known for his/her ability to communicate vision and drive execution and work seamlessly with both technical teams and business teams.
· He or she will have a strong reputation for attracting and developing the best talent.
· This leader will have the intellectual capacity to look at a wide array of options and identify what truly matters.
· He or she will be someone who stays connected to the details of his or her business.
· He or she will be an inspiring people manager and adept at quickly growing the organization.
· Experience with AWS, Cloud Computing or technical support industry
· Experience with pre-sales in the IT industry
‘’Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.’’