Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by leading transformative innovation that can grow into significant businesses? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for technology and a desire to bring delightful, cutting-edge products to life?
The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical. As a Senior Product Manager in Amazon's Emerging Products group, you will help create and drive the product strategy, vision, and roadmap of future products, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to envision, develop, and launch innovative products.
A successful candidate will be both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy – with a proven track record of creating successful consumer products and services.
Amazon’s growth requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Amazon leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done. As a Sr. Product Manager you will assume end-to-end product ownership over one of our technical products. Our products are experience-driven and often combine devices, software and services into an integrated whole.
Join us. Have fun. Make history.
· Manage the entire product line life cycle from inception to launch.
· Understand and articulate customer needs, conduct on-going customer research, leverage internal knowledge and expertise, and prioritize market requirements.
· Be a passionate advocate for the customer; provide the voice of the customer.
· Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life.
· Write MRDs, PRDs, and/or BRDs, and define use cases, features, and KPIs.
· Create the business case. Determine the product cost and go to market strategy.
· Serve as the product expert assisting marketing with press briefing, industry talks, and whitepapers.
· 7+ years of relevant experience in product management for consumer devices.
· Undergraduate CS, Engineering, Science, or Math degree or MBA.
· Experience managing products through entire life cycle – from inception to launch.
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products to world-wide markets.
· Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct customer feedback early in the product development process.
· Experience developing and launching V1 products; comfort with ambiguity and nascent markets.
· Familiarity or experience with autonomous systems, computer vision, computer learning, or mapping; experience with remote sensing software.
· General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others.
· Insatiable will to get stuff done.
· Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation