We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further. We’re also working to become Earth’s most customer-centric company
We’re seeking a driven IT Manager in to join our Fulfillment & Operations IT team in the North East of the UK, who keep our busy Fulfillment Centers running. These facilities are 24/7 production environments, where we handle and coordinate our huge, fast-moving inventory of products. You and your team will keep our Fulfillment Center running smoothly, by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues.
Your responsibilities:As you keep an eye on your Fulfillment Center’s IT infrastructure, the extent of your duties will include but not be limited to:
· Ensuring that IT maintenance work and troubleshooting is carried out to a high standard and follows all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and Health & Safety. Leading the coordination of trouble tickets and change management to strict Service Level Agreements (SLAs),
· You’re confident in your IT project management skills: you can coordinate and watch over your team’s projects as they support technical task execution. You’ll also ensure everyone in your team takes real IT Ownership, ensuring effective reporting while working towards efficient, internal customer satisfaction,
· You’ll be responsible for the development and management of the IT budget, through its lifecycle and encourage, support and facilitate IT skill development of Fulfillment Center staff,
· You’ll lead people, hours and shifts: this will include staff and team scheduling,
· Inspire continuous improvement of all IT team processes and initiatives: you’ll get behind our Fulfillment department continually driving operational excellence,
· A technical Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is necessary,
· Previous, relevant management experience in an operations or logistics environment as an IT or ICT Manager, or alternatively as an IT Service Delivery Manager. Additionally, previous experience in Linux/Unix support and/or Microsoft Windows support,
· You possess networking knowledge and expertise, specifically LAN / WAN and wireless,
· You’re comfortable with IT infrastructure, including comfort with data cabling and other fundamental aspects of computer facilities infrastructure,
· Previous experience of developing, lobbying for, owning and take care of IT budgets; including staff, hardware and software,
· You can also offer effective project management skills, alongside the ability to deal effectively with all levels of company seniority, in a variety of situations,
· Strong analytical skills, along with validated problem-solving ability, are both a necessity,
· Occasional travel will be required.
· A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is a nice-to-have,
· An understanding of core internet technologies, including DHCP, DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems,
· CISCO experience and certifications,
· Certifications in Unix/Linux System support and/or Microsoft Windows system support,
· Telecom knowledge, including VOIP / SIP as well as mobile technologies,
· Previous help desk / technical support experience and/or previous Service Delivery and Service Level Management experience,
· ITIL and Prince2 certifications would be advantageous,
· You’re willing and able to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Center Automated Systems,
· Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment, as well as the overall IT lifecycle,
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.