Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking talented software development engineers with a passion for testing to join the EC2 Visual Platform group. We are responsible for the web applications that enable customers to launch and manage EC2 instances and other AWS resources. We’re integral to the success of AWS and are constantly innovating to deliver exciting new products in this space. We’re looking for visionary engineers who are passionate about working in a customer-facing team, innovating to rapidly improve the customer experience and adding value for our customers.
The successful candidate will have strong software engineering experience with a passion for testing and test automation, specializing in automated UI testing. You will have demonstrated skills in building automated test systems, a solid understanding of the fundamentals, and the judgement to use the right tools for the job. You are forward-thinking about areas like automated black and grey box functional and UI testing. You will be responsible for defining and designing our testing processes and developing repeatable and automated test systems. You will work with product managers, software development managers and software development engineers on our teams to identify use cases, define test strategies and implement automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. If you want to deliver high quality releases for state-of-the-art web applications, EC2 Visual Platform is the place for you. You will be a customer advocate and contribute towards ensuring a great customer experience for our product.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years’ professional software development experience
· Knowledge of test processes, methodologies, tools, and technology
· Experience in black and grey box functional and UI testing (both manual and automated)
· Experience with Java, C# or other object-oriented language, and with scripting languages like Ruby or Python
· Strong customer focus, written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities
· 5+ years’ professional software development experience, with demonstrated results designing, building and managing automated testing systems including automated UI testing
· Technical leadership experience, and demonstrated abilities in understanding an ambiguous problem domain and working with a team to deliver robust and maintainable testing solutions
· Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
· Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and product development lifecycles (including Java, Ruby, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services)
· Creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
· Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI