Interested to build the next generation Financial systems that can handle billions of dollars in transactions? Interested to build highly scalable next generation systems that could utilize Amazon Cloud?
Massive data volume + complex business rules in a highly distributed and service oriented architecture = a world class information collection and delivery challenge. Our challenge is to deliver the software systems which accurately capture, process, and report on the huge volume of financial transactions that are generated each day as millions of customers make purchases, as thousands of Vendors and Partners are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, as commissions are calculated, and as taxes are collected in hundreds of jurisdictions worldwide.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable and scalable user facing applications that are accessed by thousands of external Vendors and internal Customers. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal customers, other dependent development teams in Amazon to develop new applications successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. In the space of workflow management tools, engineers in this team solve problems for the first time and have got opportunity to convert them to generic/re-usable components for use in broader engineering community. We look for engineers who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun. This candidate also plays active role in reviewing the technical designs from the team and in mentoring of other developers in the team.
You will have the opportunity to play a key role in building new software products and features from the ground up. Your work will allow you to utilize a melting pot of technologies, programming languages, and systems and require you to keep up with the ever-changing technological landscape. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, with the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit Amazon worldwide. Finance Technology team is looking for a talented senior software development engineer who can tackle large complex projects.
Key Responsibilities include:-
· Ability to design and code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems,
· Drive best practices and engineering excellence
· Development of code in Java/C++ and build large scale robust distributed systems
Candidates for this role must have:
· 6+ years experience building successful production software systems
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
· Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile and in an ownership and results oriented culture.
· Any experience in building financial software
· Development in cloud environment and big data technologies
· Passion for software craftsmanship that yields clean, elegant and maintainable code