Amazon Student Programs is looking for entry level Software Development Engineers to join our development teams located in Amazon offices across the United States.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Herndon, VA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate, build, and break things for the benefit of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – it is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers play an instrumental role in utilizing cutting edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work.
Amazon challenges are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and countless products across the globe. Our path is not always easy so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on software development challenges at Amazon – someone excited by the idea creating new platforms, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
Below is a small snapshot of potential work experience you may gain in a Software Development Role at Amazon:
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
· Create services to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use
Amazon is a place where builders build. Will you build with us?
· Enrolled in, or received at a minumum a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field such as computer science, computer engineering, or relevant.
· Programming experience in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
· Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
· Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
· Previous technical internship(s)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.