Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
Economists at Amazon will be expected to work directly with the chief economist and senior management on key business problems faced in retail, international retail, cloud computing, third party merchants, search, Kindle, streaming video, and operations. Amazon economists will apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, online advertising and other areas. You will build econometric models, using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. Economists at Amazon will be expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company.
As the economist for Prime Video Content Analytics, you will be responsible for delivering research, econometric modeling, and analysis to optimize content selection as an input to our business and customer engagement and acquisition as an output. The models you develop will drive changes in digital video content selection to ensure we’re providing customers with the best possible experience while optimizing our costs.
· PhD in Economics
· Experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
· Strong causal estimation based on observational data
· Strong technical communication to non-technical audience
· Experience in optimization and microeconomic modeling
· Experience working with very large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data
· Expertise in SQL and a programmatic scripting language for analysis (e.g. Python / R)
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
· Strong research track record
· Effective verbal and written communications skills