Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applicants. Therefore, we appreciate your interest and patience as we review applications for future Amazonians!
Student Programs is looking for Software Development Engineer Interns located in Amazon offices across the United States.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including,but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Herndon, VA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
We are looking for future Amazon interns to join us for summer 2019! Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. Our interns and co-ops write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on projects that matter to our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor and given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Amazon's technologies as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security- just to name a few.
In addition to an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians in both personal and professional development, expand your network, and take part in fun activities throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap—you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
Below is a small snapshot of potential work experience you may gain during your internship at Amazon:
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
· Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May 2019 through September 2019. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Amazon is a place where builders build. Will you build with us?
· Currently enrolled in Associate’s Degree in a STEM related field such as computer science, computer engineering, or relevant
· Experience coding in Java, C, or C++
· Completed Associate’s Degree or currently enrolled in or completed Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field such as computer science, computer engineering, or relevant
· Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
· Proficient in one or more object-orientated programming languages (Java, C, C++, etc.)
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.