Operations Manager (m/f) / Gerente de Operaciones
At Amazon, we pioneer.
We also treat every day just like it’s day one. And we never sit still while we do it.
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
We’re seeking an experienced, Operations Manager to join our Customer Fulfillment / Distribution Center team. You’ll operate out of one of our dynamic Fulfillment Centers: these sit at the heart of Amazon’s world-class, rapidly growing business. They’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory; they’re also where we developed our smart, industry-leading workflows.
As an Operations Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you manage, working hand to hand with them in the shop floor. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
You’ll be directly responsible for managing a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Senior Operations Manager of your Fulfillment Center. The quality of your leadership is key to success in this role: you’ll motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business, being responsible and leading and supporting your team to maintain the highest safety, quality and productivity and customer experience standards on a daily basis.
Another key aspect of your role will be to lead on numerous process improvement projects, with the aim of streamlining all activities, both for yourself and the team members you manage, from Area Managers to Team Leaders and especially Associates.
Your role will be pivotal in the overall management, control, organization and direction of either Outbound or Inbound operational areas of your FC. Your responsibilities will include, amongst others:
· Maintaining Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting an inspiring Health and Safety culture on-site,
· Become a subject matter expert on specific, larger-scale processes and activities within FCs,
· Support, coach and develop your team of direct reports empowering them to take action and decision and grow to the next level,
· In your inventory control and systems environment, you’ll manage timely data collection, updating operations metrics on an hourly basis,
· Therefore, you’ll aim and support every day your team to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer experience,
· Work closely with other support teams (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety and Security, IT) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels,
· Implement process change to drive safety, quality or performance improvements, easing daily routines for your team
· Possess a degree from an accredited institution,
· Previous experience in leading large, diverse teams,
· You're fluent in Spanish & English, both verbally and written,
· You possess excellent communication skills,
· You’re competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar, fast-paced logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment,
· You possess the ability to manage details, establish and carry out root cause analysis, and then extract and analyze the data you generate,
· You thrive on change, and are willing to relocate if necessary,
· You are ready to work in shifts, which could include weekends.
· Master’s degree,
· You possess a grasp of Kaizen and Lean methodologies and related techniques.
What we offer
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.