Do you believe that obsessing about customers results in high quality products? Excited to dive deep and learn about customer behavior, and care about even the smallest detail?
The Amazon Customer Service Design team is looking for a UX Writer with exceptional skill for crafting and honing simple, straightforward, and human copy that makes even the most complex concepts intuitive and easy to understand.
As a member of the Customer Service User Experience Team, you’ll collaborate with UX researchers, UX designers, voice designers, along with product managers and engineers to invent and iterate on product experiences that start and end with the customer. You’ll create conversations for bot experiences, write short and long form content, craft headlines and collaborate on the end-to-end experiences for both Amazon customers and the customer service associates who support the business. You’ll write innovative, memorable and effective content, combining creative inspiration and leadership to introduce new ideas and experiences to the world.
· Collaborate with UX designers, product teams, and researchers to craft and hone language across a variety of contexts from UI components, to conversational building blocks, to editorial/help content.
· Raise the bar for interface/product communication and drive alignment on voice and tone.
· Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives and explore innovative solutions to customer issues.
· 5+ years experience as a UX writer or similar role with a UX or product design team.
· A portfolio of relevant work samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer.
· Ability to craft impactful communications across a spectrum of styles and genres.
· Ability to break down complex topics into concise customer-friendly content.
· Experience working directly with designers, product managers, researchers, and other subject matter experts
· Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from multiple stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree of equivalent experience in English, Journalism, Marketing/Communications, or related field
· Working knowledge of the design process, including experience with design specs
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and focus on quality
· Positive energy and leadership capabilities, as well as a willingness to work outside of a typical content role to deliver holistic solutions to customer problems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills