Are you interested in enabling the coolest scientific and medical research teams out there to make the next big breakthrough? Or perhaps post-production houses to produce movies and other works of art? The Amazon Web Services High Performance Computing (HPC) team is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) to develop new features, functionalities, and capabilities for our HPC Product Offerings. As a contributor, you'll be part of a world-class team who strives each day to enable those breakthroughs.
The HPC team is building a core set of offerings that allow our customers to plan, schedule, and execute HPC workloads across the full range of AWS compute services and capabilities. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a global scale, while influencing large parts of the underlying AWS services.
As a developer on the team, you'll partner with research and business teams to build new services and tools that surprise and delight our customers. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the opportunities that AWS HPC provides our customers, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This person has thrived, and succeeded in delivering high quality sustainable solutions when priorities shift fast, working as a team or independently as the situation dictates. If you're looking to solve challenging problems and create great products for customers, then this is the right role for you!
To learn more about HPC: [ https://aws.amazon.com/hpc/ & https://aws.amazon.com/batch]
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years of software development experience in a modern programming language
· Fundamentals in data structures and object-oriented design
· Passion for building and operating highly-available services
· Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles
· Customer focus
· Analytic and problem solving skills
· Knowledge of Linux fundamentals
· Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
· Python, Java, C, C++ experience
· Great Verbal and written communication skills