The Amazon Studios Legal Affairs team has an opening for a Corporate Counsel who will handle all legal aspects of development, production, and marketing of original TV content in support of Amazon’s rapidly expanding scripted and unscripted television initiatives in Latin America.
· Managing all legal matters during the course of development, production, and marketing and helping to develop forms and policies
· Structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of complicated agreements such as: rights option and acquisition agreements, writer agreements, producer agreements, production services agreements, co-financing agreements, above-the-line talent agreements, documentary and reality participant and access agreements, below-the-line crew agreements, and other production related agreements
· Evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of title and handling clearance matters, guild issues, standards and practices review, and promotion and publicity issues
· Analyzing and interpreting contracts and providing thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of international legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media, entertainment and labor, rights of publicity, and regulatory compliance
Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
· Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
· 5+ years of attorney experience in television development or production, including drafting and negotiating contracts
· Prior job with a studio, production company, or an entertainment and media law firm
· Spanish language fluency
· Strong legal and business judgment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees
· Excellent ability to analyze and assess business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions
· Ability to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation