Are you working towards a MS or PhD degree in the fields of Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Deep Learning? Are you graduating after August 2019? If so than we want to talk to you about our internship opportunities in one of our Computer Vision teams at Amazon.
As an Applied Scientist Intern focusing on Computer Vision you will be working on a project(s) relating to computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, etc. that will have direct impact on our customers. You will be working along side a team of scientists and engineers who will help you guide your project to completion and if possible having it result in a publication opportunity.
Amazon has multiple positions available for Computer Vision Interns in Seattle, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Pasadena, Boston, and New York for applicants that will be graduating After September 2019.
We are currently hiring for multiple teams including:
· A9 – Visual Search
· Amazon AI (AWS Rekognition)
· Amazon Go
· Amazon Robotics
· AWS Sumerian AR/VR (specializing in SLAM & Visual Odometry, Pose Estimation and Tracking, Geometrical Computer Vision and Multiple View Geometry)
· In the process of obtaining a Masters or Ph.D. degree (Ph.D strongly preferred) in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or related fields
· Theory and practice of designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
· An understanding of machine learning, algorithms and computational complexity.
· Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code.
· Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Ability to relate to and solve business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms.
· Strong aspiration to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers.
· Ph.D in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision, Image recognition, robotics, machine learning, or deep learning
· Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science
· Algorithm development experience and understanding of computer vision algorithms
· Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
· Experience with deep-learning technologies or robotics
· Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form