The Alexa Domains team is headed to Istanbul, Turkey in early December to recruit for our North America offices!
Read more for our Software Engineer job description:
Interested in delivering Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) & Natural Language Understanding (NLU) engineering solutions for Alexa Entertainment (Music, Video, Books, Podcasts) working closely with a team of scientists in the Machine Learning (ML) space? The Alexa Entertainment ASR/NLU team is a group of scientists and software engineers working on spoken language solutions that push the envelope in the ASR/NLU space, in order to make Alexa smarter and revolutionize how customers listen to music using Alexa. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Show, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying services and infrastructure to automate development and deployment of distributed machine learning systems and large-scale data mining solutions for ASR/NLU. In this, you will collaborate closely with a team of speech and ML scientists to influence our overall strategy, and define the team’s road map. You will also spearhead best practices that enable a quality product. A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical and highly innovative, and relish the opportunity to delight customers with pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
· Drive the development and maintenance of services and infrastructure for ASR/NLU in Alexa Entertainment with the goal to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Actively participate in defining strategy, roadmaps and architecture for the team’s products
· Work with other team members to investigate best design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years of industry experience
· Programming experience in at least one object-oriented language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++)
· Experience with machine learning, big data or large scale distributed systems for commercial online services
· Advanced degree (MS, PhD) or practical experience in ML/NLP
· Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
· Experience with AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, S3, SQS, and cloud computing
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Experience developing machine learning software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience in data modeling and analysis, especially with distinctive data sources
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation