At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, and Bioshock.
We are looking for a talented front-end developer, highly motivated, quality-centric with deep end-to-end web application knowledge to design, develop and research technologies that sets the foundation for a new family of products from the ground up. You are constantly challenging yourself and others to come up with better solutions. You have a passion for learning new technologies and can pick up new technologies quickly.
If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years of experience in Front-end web technologies and trends
· 7+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, client side security, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
· 5+ years of experience in multi-tier large scale web architecture
· Experience using Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, or other front-end build tools
· Experience with Git or other source control tools
· Front-end performance basics
· Experience with a CSS framework such as Bootstrap 4 or Foundation 6
· Experience building Single Page Applications (SPA)
· Working knowledge of design patterns (OOP or functional)
· Experience building large scale Web applications in a multi-team environment
· Troubleshooting and analytic skills
· Understanding of serverless architecture
· Working knowledge of AWS services (AWS certification a plus)
· Experience in coaching and teaching others in front-end best practices
· UX design experience
· Experience turning UX mockups or guidelines into production code
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.