Amazon Corporate Operations is looking for an experienced engineer to join Global IT Support. This is an opportunity to support distributed systems on a global scale. Our team of seasoned professionals provides technical support for internal systems and services to Amazon employees around the world, constantly looking for ways to improve the customer experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, resolving escalated support requests involving Active Directory, LDAP, Linux, SharePoint and Exchange, and ownership of a wide variety of systems administration tasks. You have broad hands-on experience in these areas and a solid understanding of networking fundamentals.
Your team regularly works with engineering teams through problem management, clear communication, documentation, ticket reduction efforts, automation and tool development. You have ability to navigate difficult situations with composure and tact and support effective knowledge-sharing through the creation and maintenance of in-team and customer-facing technical documentation.
Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We want an extraordinary professional with excellent technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, fulfilling the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
• A minimum of 5 years of technical support experience is required.
• Strong knowledge of Office applications, Exchange email, VPN, SharePoint, Active Directory, LDAP, printing and Client operating systems including Windows 7 and 10, Macintosh OS 10x, Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux
• Ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Perl, PowerShell, and/or VBScript.
• Validated ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
• Highly self-motivated, possess a keen attention to detail, willingness to help.
• Proficient use of Excel (Pivot tables) to analyze data.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong English is required.
Ideally, you will be degree educated in Information Technology or related field and hold professional qualifications relating to Microsoft, Linux, and/or Cisco.