Do you want to be part of building the next-gen engineering system, global transportation network, intelligent ML routing algorithms and deliver packages to your doorstep? Are you up for this challenge? We are looking for top notch Data Scientist to be part of Middle Mile simulation team.
Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation Technology team is chartered with building complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Oh, and we will need great leaders too (this is where you come in … read on)
You’ll develop end to end simulation environment, provide customers with experimentation platform and generate ideas, validate entitlement based on true production behavior. You will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and driven to provide insightful and timely information to customers. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively to ensure timelines are met. There is always room to make things better so this candidate should also have the ability to invent and simplify. Successful candidates will have the ability to rapidly troubleshoot complex technical problems under pressure. Lastly, the candidate should have an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
· 4-6 years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet or Technology company.
· Strong experience in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence application development.
· Experience with high-volume OLTP & OLAP database systems.
· Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs and optimize complex queries.
· Recent experience applying visualization tools such as Cognos and Tableau.
· Recent experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application.
· Experience with at least one scripting language, i.e. Python, C#, Java etc..
· Expert Data Analysis skills. Proven ability in understanding business processes, logical data models and relational database implementations.
· Proven track record of working on complex modular projects, and assuming a leading role in such projects.
· Highly motivated, self-driven, capable of defining own design and test scenarios.
· An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
· An excellent work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Experience leading cross-functional projects with business and technical teams.
· Experience with AWS services (Redshift, S3, EC2, Lambda, SNS/SQS, RDS, Aurora) preferred.
· Experience with Infor EAM and/or other EAM software solutions
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Experience with Microsoft BI technologies, e.g. SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS.
If you are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D program in the past 6 months, your background aligns more closely with our Student Programs openings. To learn more about our Student Programs and search for internships and full-time opportunities please visit this site: www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/student-programs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age