***This Instructional Designer does not need to work in Seattle, they may sit in a virtual location anywhere in the U.S
Amazon’s Shipping & Delivery Support (SDS) Knowledge Management team develops and maintains training for contact center associates around the world. We are seeking a creative, tech-savvy Instructional Designer with experience building performance-based learning solutions for new program launches, new hire and cross-skill training. In this role, you'll work with stakeholders to help define priorities for training, develop world-class training content, and create a great associate learning experience while improving team members' ability to solve problems for our customers and delivery drivers. This position is responsible for using key principles from adult learning to create engaging training that ranges from basic job skills to professional / leadership development. If you are passionate about learning and an expert with application simulation tools – then this job is for you!
As an Instructional Designer on the Shipping & Delivery Support Knowledge Management team, you will:
· Assess, develop and implement innovative networked learning solutions that assist the business to meet strategic initiatives and future growth.
· Be very hands-on; work directly with development teams and stakeholders to produce extraordinary training content and eLearning.
· Determine the proper blend of learning solution that reinforces hands-on application of the tools, enhances the learning transfer, and engages learners.
· Develop first-hand experience with the appropriate subject matter (systems or products).
· Conduct technical and editorial reviews of training content.
· Utilize project management skills to define and meet project milestones, communicate issues and risks in a timely manner, and manage customer expectations.
· Manage projects and processes in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities.
· Contribute to the improvement of processes and curriculum templates to minimize the development time for new training materials.
· BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as instructional technology, educational technology, organizational development
· 3-5 years of work experience with solid career progression in the field of instructional design, including experience in large organizations
· Demonstrated experience developing courseware performance support aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials (including gaming modules) to current Industry and adult learning standards,
· Experience working with an enterprise Learning Management System (LMS
· Multi-media development skills in audio, video, and/or animation
· Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication abilities including skills in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
· Masters degree in relevant field or Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
· Experience with web design or web development
· Experience with multi-media development (audio, video, and/or animation)
· Experience designing global learning solutions for a diverse audience
· Ability to create training on new products or services under under aggressive timelines
Preferred work location is Seattle, WA but will consider virtual
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority /
Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.