As we continue to open up more managerial opportunities, we’re seeking a savvy, motivated Site Controller to join our world-class Fulfilment & Operations network. You’ll function as the trusted finance manager, business partner and advisor, helping fellow Amazonians to really understand their financial decisions.
We’re working to become the most customer-centric company on Earth: come and teach us a few things about finance, and we’ll teach you a few things in return.
About this key role:
In this role you’ll do far more than administer spreadsheets. Our ideal finance manager doesn’t just handle our books and make our ends meet; they help drive the company forward.
So while one aspect of this role is about understanding our numbers and budgets, equal aspects of the position require the big vision and drive of a visionary Finance Manager. You’ll make huge impact, not just on the bottom line performance of your Fulfilment Centre, but on the overall customer experience.
You’ll employ every facet of finance data mining to ensure your partners, colleagues and leaders have the most up to date, reliable information at hand, helping them make the best possible financial decisions they can.
You’ll be responsible for:
· Leading others, developing exceptional talent, and encouraging your team to challenge assumptions,
· Promoting and pushing recruiting efforts forward across the network, to continually hire and develop the best professionals,
· Running and participating in finance and accounting activities across several locations,
· Implementing policies and programmes that guide Operations towards maintaining and improving its high-reaching position and profitability,
· Crafting a “learn by doing” environment, by engaging with the on-the-floor associates and managers,
· Partner with your team, by leading all weekly and monthly financial activities, including forecasting, planning and reporting,
· Working with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or a related discipline,
· You hold a professional certification (CPA/CMA, etc.), plus relevant experience,
· Previous experience in positions requiring analysis of and reporting finance results,
· Expertise in finance management, evaluation, and swift analysis: you always deliver meaningful business reporting,
· Extensive ability as a manager of strategic relationships with business partners: you can influence decisions,
· You can employ root cause analysis to identify issues quickly, while uncovering their causes,
· You’ll then assist, consult with and teach colleagues and the wider business how these incidents incur costs, and how to avoid them,
· Demonstrable team leadership ability: in spite of occasional conflicting priorities, you always provide level-headed mentorship,
· Demonstrated analytical, financial acumen in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results,
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (e.g. using pivots, lookups, and so on),
· You’re willing and able to travel, primarily to local operations, in addition to occasional regional support,
· Familiarity with UK GAAP Accounting standards.
· Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills: demonstrable ability to take on and create new assignments for others,
· Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis ability, combined with confident interpersonal skills for conveying your conclusions,
· You’re highly analytical, detail-focused and bring a strong sense of intuition for the business: a track record of executing new ideas and creative solutions,
· You can take care of and prioritize your workload in a dynamic, fast-growth, occasionally ambiguous environment,
· You have experience of working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos), alongside other financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards),
· Previous experience as a manager in a Manufacturing, Distribution Centre or Logistics environment is a plus,
· A willingness to relocate for potential advancement opportunities
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.