Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Finance Managers work with multiple locations, they help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to manage fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense between which details that make all the difference, and those that don’t add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
(Amazon’s required minimum skill set and job qualifications)
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
· Relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
· Experience directly supervising teams and developing people
· Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
· Experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
· Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
· MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
· Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on and create new assignments
· Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
· Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.