The primarily responsibility of this position is to manage JP HPB purchasing process and inventory with vendors and internal partners, so that Amazon can serve customers with the best availability and the improving cash flow. Specifically, 1) plan and track inventory amount with analysis of moving vs. non-moving inventory, and the initial inventory of newly registered products, 2) identify and secure critical inventory of products collecting high customer traffic and order, 3) manage purchasing process flawlessly from issuing PO to product delivery to Amazon's Fulfillment Center.
Supply chain management: Partner with supply chain management team to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
Direct Import: Import global HPB selection directly from manufacture to achieve global selection parity.
Process development and implementation: Closely communicate with global team and implement the newest PB process/mechanism into JP.
- This job requires IT skills to utilize multiple analysis tools, basic financial knowledge (P/L, B/S, Cash flow) and also communication skill to collaborate with external (vendors) and internal (Category Managers, Marketings, SCMs, Finance managers, etc).
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills and be fluent in Japanese and English.
A strong business builder with project management skill and team management skill.
- Business Analyst at a consulting firm
- Finance and Accounting manager/clerk at a manufacturing company
- Master’s degree/ MBA preferred