Are you passionate about genomics and life sciences and want to be a key part of the AWS worldwide public sector team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing in those areas? Do you have a passion to accelerate customer adoption and market readiness? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry? Biomedical Research and Genomics are accelerating the development of novel diagnostics and treatments and is the cornerstone of personalized medicine, and cloud is a major part of this. AWS is looking for a technical leader who understands technical and funding trends impacting the industry, the major data science trends, the grant process within higher education and is passionate and capable of establishing AWS as the solution of choice for implementing solutions in these areas. If this sounds like you, come join us!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced genomics and life sciences Specialist Solutions Architect (SA) to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for designing solutions that leverage AWS services to solve customer problems and drive down customer costs. The genomics and life sciences Specialist Solutions Architect will partner closely with the Business Development and Sales teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of AWS solutions. The Specialist SA will develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage AWS services. The Specialist SA will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help other SA’s understand how to integrate AWS solutions into customer architectures for genomics and life sciences workloads.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Building and maintaining technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers for the successful adoption and deployment of AWS services and technologies
• Work in collaboration with the sales team to create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS, exceed revenue goals, and drive customer satisfaction
• Evangelizing current and future AWS services and technologies
• Capturing and sharing best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Identifying customer requirements and providing feedback into appropriate AWS engineering teams
• Establishing technical credibility in sales cycles, personally and through the broader technical team to credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners.
The right person will have technical background and possess 5+ years years of research experience (postdoctoral fellowship, staff scientist position in academic or industry research).
· Have held leadership positions within a Genomics Core, Bioinfomatics Core or other shared services organizations within a university or private research organization.
· Demonstrated hands on experience with building bioinformatic / genomics/transcriptomics/proteomics pipelines and scientific research software
· Deep understanding of computing needs, tools, and data types involved with life sciences research – specifically next generation sequencing and genomics.
· Education- a PhD in bioinformatics, systems biology, biomedical research or a related field is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Biochemistry/Genomics background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· Willingness to Travel up to 30%.
The right person will be scientific and technical, and possess at least 10 years of experience preferable working with or as part of a core team supporting university research.
· Familiarity with the grant writing and funding process
· Experience with cloud computing and in particular AWS
· Active Participation in NIH Data Commons and other major projects
· Prior engagement with industry consortium such as Global Alliance for Genomics and Health (GA4GH)
· Experience working with or supporting genomics and medical datasets such TCGA, EMBL, NCBI
· Experience with the application Machine Learning within BioInformatics and Epidemiology would be an advantage
· Direct experience with the leading Genomics pipeline tools is a plus. (GATK/Cromwell, Nextflow.io, Galaxy)