Pathways Operations Manager Internship
Opportunities available in Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom - Please specify your location preferences when applying but note that your location preference will be subject to availability. Note: Candidates must speak the language of the country to which they apply at a minimum B2 level.
The Pathways Operations Manager Internship
As a Pathways Intern, you will be based for 10-12 weeks in an Amazon Fulfilment Centre where you will complete a high-priority project with a view to delivering significant impact to our operations.
Your project will include the design of a new process or strategy and will require you to deep dive into data in order to test and implement your solution and ensure its scalability across our larger network. In order to achieve this, you will be collaborating with senior leaders, technology development teams, data warehouse experts, and front line associates. Leveraging the various skills and knowledge of our network will enable you to think broadly about viable solutions to the most complex challenges we face in Customer Fulfilment.
Your 10-12 week internship will culminate in a presentation to management of any new innovative solutions and recommendations that you have based on your observations and analytical research.
Should your Internship project have a significant and positive impact to our operations, you could be offered a full-time position on the Pathways Program for you to begin once you’ve graduated.
How to apply
Please apply via the link provided. In your cover letter, please clearly state the following preferences:
- your location preferences
- your language capabilities for your preferred locations
Please upload your CV and cover letter as a combined word/pdf document. Please do not submit them separately.
· You are currently enrolled in, or you’re a recent graduate of, an MBA, PhD or MSc tertiary-level course in logistics, science, engineering or a similar field.
· If an MBA/MSc graduate, you’ve gained professional experience in busy operational logistics, supply chain, manufacturing or transportation environments.
· Demonstrable decision-making skills, enabling you to use sound reasoning as and when required; you can consult others in achieving consensus.
· Solid analytical skills, a sound business judgment and strong oral and written communication.
· You are fluent in English and the local language of your requested Internship location.
· You have gained previous experience in setting, monitoring and improving KPIs, as well as similar metrics.
· Successful track record in supporting customers, both internally and externally.
· Knowledge of lean, six sigma and kaizen techniques and methodologies would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.