We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We're looking for outstanding Engineers who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We’re looking for people who innovate, and love solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
In this role you will be a key part of designing Prime Air’s avionics systems; creating and improving embedded firmware across many devices and working closely with others to design and optimize the system.
You will be a strong effective communicator through both spoken and written communications and have the ability to be an independent and highly motivated individual.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field
· Must have experience developing embedded firmware and software
· Must have experience testing and validating embedded firmware and software
· Familiarity with common embedded system interfaces and protocols
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++
· Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
· Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field and 3+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience designing software for avionics systems or other critical systems that have been successfully deployed at scale
· Proficiency in Python and/or other modern scripting and automation languages
· Proficiency developing and debugging low-level device drivers
· Experience with rapid iteration prototypes and joint hardware/firmware development
· Knowledge of engineering best practices and patterns for the full software/hardware development life cycle, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and certification
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through product launch
· Experience in communicating with customers, technical, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation