Be a part of what makes Amazon one of the greatest shopping experiences in the world! At Amazon, Customers are our highest priority, and this means all customers, including those with disabilities. Amazon Accessibility team is looking for a highly motivated, customer obsessed and entrepreneurial Software Development Engineer to assist company-wide efforts to make Amazon websites and applications accessible to everyone. As member of the Accessibility Team, you will deliver solutions to identify, analyze and prevent accessibility issues on both web and native applications across multiple platforms. You will work with cross functional development teams to create innovative accessible experiences.
As a Software Development Engineer, your primary responsibilities will include:
· Building and delivering accessibility tools for Amazon mobile, tablet, and desktop development..
· Developing solutions to simplify the detection and correction of accessibility issues at the code-level
· Automating the monitoring of Amazon Websites and driving correction of accessibility issues at scale.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 8+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
· Experience with WCAG 2.0 and ARIA implementation and accessibility best practices
· Experience with the development of mobile applications for iOS and/or Android
· Experience developing software using modern frameworks such as AngularJS, React, Spring or Node.
· Degree preferably in computer science or a similar technical discipline
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.