It is still Day 1! Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story! If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver. You will learn about real-time adaptive transportation solutions, routing algorithms and optimizations, operating on large-scale datasets, mobile development, and more.
The Transportation Technology Support team in Seattle is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will act as front level support for all incoming production software application issues dealing with new services in Transportation Technology. This engineer will be specializing in application support of Amazon transportation technology systems.
These solutions will affect our customers directly! High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
Primary responsibilities include , diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Perl, , C/C++, JAVA), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges.
The ideal candidate should be detail-, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills with ablility to juggle multiple tasks at once. Must be able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure. Should be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. Must have the ability to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
· 3+ years overall development/technical support experience with / operating system and SQL/PLSQL, relational data management
· 2+ years of object development experience in C++ and/or Java
· Experience working with relational databases, and distributed computing technologies
· Debugging and skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
· Debugging and skills related to network and GPS functionality of mobile devices
· Experience working with Android and iOS app development
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation