Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd. (AISPL), seeks a creative, self-motivated, high-judgment, well-connected, and experienced public relations professional to join its communications team in India.
The role includes developing all of the fundamental elements of a PR program including proactive story generation, reputation management, leading PR for launch events, local visibility for new AWS services, and speaker training. It includes maximizing positive coverage and awareness locally for the AWS business, and the identification and engagement with local customers to tell their success stories to the local media community. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations and social media experience, is an expert at writing a variety of content, including news releases, thought leadership articles, and customer success messaging. They should also be experienced in handling crisis communications and show high-judgment in crisis situations, while acting quickly.
The selected candidate will be experienced in working in a complex, matrix organizational structure, and will interact with local leaders for PR initiatives in India, as well as with the global PR, AR, and customer reference teams to understand and align with Amazon global policies/best practices, and discuss and develop messaging, PR strategies and plans. They will also ensure compliance with global standards and policies.
The role calls for excellent written and oral communications skills and an eye for detail. It also calls for an individual who is strategic in their thinking, but also meticulous and deliberate in operational execution of PR activities. The person should also have the ability to successfully multi-task and exercise high-judgment while acting quickly. The ideal candidate is motivated by a highly creative and dynamic culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome.
This role is based in India as PR within AISPL and will require local and overseas travel to execute PR programs, and to ensure understanding and alignment with Amazon global policies and best practices.
- Drive AWS cloud news/media relations activities locally for AISPL
- Innovate launch processes that align with a dynamic, pioneering cloud business
- Manage news-related business and feature press opportunities
- Identify and develop customer references for written success stories on the web, use in media relations, and public speaking opportunities
- Align news-related social media activities with marketing
- Develop and successfully manage relationships with key media, technology bloggers, and customers
- Lead local launch events and manage the local PR agency in India for AISPL
- Train, certify, and develop internal stakeholders, ensuring that they accurately represent the Amazon culture and technology to the public
- Build and maintain customer relationships to help drive awareness and business for AWS Cloud.
- Develop, track, and communicate PR utilization goals and progress on customer references to local business development representatives and marketing teams within AISPL.
- Strong relationships and extensive network of local media contacts
- 12+ years of Technology PR experience required
- Experience working with customers and developing their stories
- Be comfortable with complex cloud and internet computing terminology
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in both English and local language
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Creativity and bias for action.