Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Amazon Advertising’s Advertiser Support and Operations team is looking for a Senior Instructional Designer who has extensive experience building online, virtual instructor-led and classroom based training. The Sr. ID will also be responsible for creating innovative training strategies that scale across our global business.
The Advertiser Support & Ops team aims to provide exceptional support to Amazon sellers, vendors and authors looking to use Amazon’s advertising products to build their brands and drive sales. As a key part of this, we create and maintain high quality training programs for our advertiser support experts. The ideal candidate will be an expert in applying adult learning principles and instructional design methodology. S/he will be passionate about learner experience, and have an insatiable desire to prove that learning objectives and business objectives are met.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Own full cycle assessment, design and maintenance of business critical training programs.
· Create mechanisms to ensure learners have completed the necessary training and have demonstrated competency.
· Develop our capabilities to deliver training virtually to allow for flexibility.
· Effectively identify gaps in training and prioritize development of training materials.
· Design and implement content development strategies that optimize for translation/localization.
· Partner effectively with system administrators, engineers and analysts make the best use of our delivery channels.
· Ensure contact center training managers and trainers are able to deliver instructional content exceptionally well.
· Mentor other professional Instructional Designers.
· International travel required.
· At least 5 years’ experience in an instructional design role.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a communication, education or related field.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in learning design and development
· Experience creating high-level training strategies for organizations across multiple instructional design and training resources.
· Experience designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training.
· Demonstrated experience developing curriculum that is in line with current industry and adult learning standards.
· Demonstrated experience developing training collateral, eLearning and self-directed learning modules, performance support aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials.
· Experience collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers.
· Experience with coordination and organization for global initiatives.
· Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes.
· Demonstrated ability to assess training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders.
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate
· Program management experience
- Mandarin Speaking Skills