Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA.
Amazon Student Programs is looking for Hardware Development Engineer Interns to join our development teams located in Amazon offices across the United States.
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Lab126, Amazon Go, and Amazon Prime Air are looking for hardware engineers who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. Engineers must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
As a Hardware Engineer Intern, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of a project team you will work alongside Senior Electrical Engineers; supporting the design, debug, validation and optimization of the products. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds gaining experience with high volume manufacturing.
· Perform schematic design.
· Validate hardware and debug issues.
· Develop automated test tools (labview, HPVEE).
· Travel to support engineering builds.
· Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
· 0-1+ years of experience plus practical lab experience.
· Embedded systems projects.
· Analog and digital skills with embedded systems experience.
· Schematic design and debug skills.
· Ability to travel internationally.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Knowledge of engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification and livesite operations.
· Experience in communicating with customers, technical, regulatory, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an equal-opportunity employer.