Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA.
Amazon Student Programs is looking for entry level Product Design Engineer Interns to join our development teams located in Amazon offices across the United States.
As an Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
A Product Design Engineer Intern should demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems; self-motivation, desire to learn from new challenges, and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work, and must be able to communicate their ideas and concepts verbally and visually. Finally, Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and prove their adaptability to quickly changing contexts and work environments.
· Designing and building 3D models for testing, proof-of-concept, mock-ups, and functional appearance models.
· Finding and interfacing with 3rd party suppliers and integrate their pieces into the whole system design.
· Supporting advanced R&D initiatives & prototyping efforts with team members of other disciplines.
· Participate in the cross-discipline design process for system design, combining your skills with HW and SW team members to arrive at integrated effective system designs.
· Work well with support resources (technicians) to efficiently realize appropriate design portions.
· Identifying emerging technologies to help define development opportunities.
· Researching advanced materials and manufacturing processes.
· Anticipating and correcting issues that may impact mass-production (DFx).
· Supporting positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives.
· Contributing to schedule & milestone commitments.
· Providing cross-functional program integration support.
· Enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related filed.
· 0-3 years of experience, consumer/handheld product development.
· Strong 3D CAD skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods.
· Experience with rapid prototyping processes (3D printing, CNC-machining, laser cutting).
· Experience with mechanism design and prototyping; precision mechanical assembly
· Hands-on experience managing engineering team of 5 or more engineers
· Masters preferred
· Wildfire preferred.
· Mandarin language skills