At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
Are you looking to become a big leader in a global Fortune 100 company where you can manage people, process, and technology in one of the world’s leading logistics, supply chain, transportation, and fulfillment operations? Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to over 285 million customers globally? Could you assume financial responsibilities that impact both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation? If the answer is yes, then the Amazon Military Pathways program may be right for you.
Talented individuals are crystalized into great leaders through cornerstone experiences - leadership opportunities that result in life changing lessons and drive people to accomplish great things. The Amazon Military Pathways program is looking for high-potential veterans with strong leadership and operations backgrounds who are ready for challenges worthy of building Amazon's next General Managers, Directors and VPs. Through a series of intense, progressively challenging opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, we will stretch your leadership capacity to its full potential. The business lessons you learn and credibility you develop will benefit you over the rest of your career and quickly prepare you for effective executive leadership.
A Military Pathways candidate begins as a front-line manager in our Fulfillment or Customer Service network at one of many locations nationwide. As front-line managers, you will lead a team of 50-100 right away, while mastering the tools, processes and operations culture that have created Earth’s most customer centric company. You’ll have a chance to take on progressive assignments specifically designed to leverage your already strong leadership skills, develop your business acumen, and test your analytics capability. You will engage in continuous improvement projects throughout the course of the program in order to gain efficiencies and productivity in your assigned area of responsibility. Our Military Pathways participants will have experiences ranging from leading hundreds of people through our busiest time of year, to helping us to design the fulfillment centers, transportation strategies, and customer service innovations of the future. Our Military Pathways program is designed to be a fast track to executive leadership and we provide the support to help you get there.
Military Pathways graduates can expect to lead organizations of nearly 4,000 individuals, have financial responsibilities for labor in excess of $2.5 million per week and potentially have oversight of over $1B+ in capital projects.
The Amazon Military Pathways program is for innovative, talented, and experienced leaders seeking to become highly influential Senior Leaders and Executives in critical areas of Amazon's business, in locations all over the world. We’re looking for veterans who pushed themselves by volunteering for the most challenging and elite assignments and training during their time in uniform to similarly challenge themselves at Amazon. Join us as we continue to make history.
- 5+ years of active duty service as a commissioned/noncommissioned military leader.
- Transitioned/retired within 1 year (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Excellent military record demonstrating significant levels of responsibility and leadership experiences in challenging, high-operational-tempo assignments.
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly.
- 10+ years of military experience with a focus on leadership and operations.
- MBA Degree or equivalent Masters-level Degree is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to think big and influence across all levels of an organization.
- Bias for action and passion for rolling up sleeves and doing what it takes to “get it done.”
- Geographic flexibility in assignment