We are open to this role in either Seattle or New York
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer of Cloud Computing and the recognized global leader, serving over a million customers and supporting tens of thousands of partners. We are looking for a world class candidate to lead and execute our Go to Market (GTM) activities for sustainability.
As the Business Development Manager (BDM) for AWS Sustainability, you will lead field engagement on sustainability, working with AWS Sales, Business Development, and Partner teams. You will manage the GTM strategy and work directly with customers to evangelize how they can use AWS services to support their sustainability goals, and work with account teams to architect innovative solutions on AWS. You will work closely with the AWS Sustainability lead and infrastructure team and a global team of Business Development Managers, Service Leaders, Marketing and Sales teams to integrate sustainability into AWS programs and events. You will lead research and provide feedback on customers’ sustainability goals. You must be comfortable with leading and influencing cross functional global teams in dynamic organizations, as most of your responsibilities will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Serve as the primary contact point for Commercial and Public Sector customers around sustainability by sharing AWS’s sustainability strategy, identifying sustainability workloads, and responding to customer questions/requests for information
· Work closely with the Industry, Platform and Cloud Economics BD teams to identify common sustainability workloads, and integrate sustainability benefits into their programs, tools, reference architectures, and messaging for customers and the AWS field sales organization
· Proactively identify and reach out to customers based on their published sustainability goals and industry segment, and identify AWS use cases that can help meet those goals
· Evangelize AWS’s sustainability programs and customer use cases in 1:1 meetings, Executive Briefings, and external events
· Work with AWS sustainability team on sustainability assessment and accreditation programs.
· Develop customer references for sustainability use cases
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sustainability Management, or related fields
· 7- 10 years’ experience in business development, sales, or partner management roles
· Direct experience with or demonstrated knowledge of corporate and public sector sustainability programs, or related degree
· 2-3 years’ experience developing, executing and scaling global programs
· Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects involving diverse stakeholders and requiring frequent communication
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Moderate to advanced data analysis and Excel skills
· 1-2 years sustainability-related work experience
· MBA or Master’s degree in sustainability management or related fields
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.