Our mission statement is:
“Pay Employees accurately and on time with the highest customer obsession and highest level of controllership and compliance, at the lowest cost to Amazon”
If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you’re looking for!
You will work with the EMEA Payroll Compliance Manager to create tools, metrics data and write reports on the current and identified activities and risk areas we monitor, and be responsible for discovering, advising and measuring risks.
Your area of resposibility will be Amazon countries in the EMEA region.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Work with key stakeholders and Project teams to ensure Payroll Compliance is established for new countries/companies on boarded from day 1.
· Work with Compliance tools to provide management reporting and metrics, and use these in the effective monitoring of identified Compliance risks.
· Work with Compliance tools to effectively track all regular statutory requirements, working closely with Payrolls teams to complete tasks in a timely manner.
· Discover and identify new areas of risk, and potential Non Compliance and manage to resolution and full Compliance
· Manage / facilitate in audits and exploratory sessions of the Operational payroll process and statutory requirements.
· Review internal and external audit reports providing remediation plans and working with stakeholders to close identified risks and issues.
· Work closely with the Payroll teams, providing support and guidance, and continuous training on areas of Payroll Compliance.
· Conduct regular meetings with relevant departments, including Tax, Accounting, HR and Global Mobility.
· Build partnerships with External Counsel Consultants to gain expert advice where necessary.
· Work closely with partners in the Compensation and Benefit teams to increase knowledge and ensure compliance is achieved in the implementation of new / expanded benefit programs
Base pay for this position starts from 2000 EUR gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA.
Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
· Tax, Employment Legal and / or Payroll experience with specific exposure to countries in EMEA
· Excellent knowledge of international payroll, employment tax and social security legislation
· Strong knowledge about cross border workers, tax treaties and other international employment legislation
· Experience of SOX compliance and responsibilities
· Has the ability to communicate, negotiate and influence at all levels
· Strong excel and reporting skills
· Advanced analytical skills and the ability to dive deep into details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
· Fluent in English in both written and verbal communication
· Bachelors or Masters in a relevant subject matter, such as Finance
· Previous Payroll Compliance management experience across multiple geographies
· Experience within a control or audit environment
· Additional language skills
· Project management experience