Amazon Japan is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated, and creative professional to manage a wide range of corporate communications strategies, including corporate reputation and issues management and internal communications. The ideal candidate will have experience managing communications with external and internal audiences on a wide range of corporate issues and opportunities, will be energized by working on a list of priorities that changes day-to-day, and be passionate, creative and eager to learn. They will be able to get up to speed quickly on complex issues, multitask while maintaining high attention to detail, and be willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done and they'll never say "that's not my job." They will also have experience working across borders as part of a global corporate communications team.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Create and execute internal and external communications strategies in partnership with cross functional teams and subject matter experts (including others on the PR team as well as external agencies);
· Manage a wide range of other corporate communications issues as needed by quickly triaging, developing strategies, getting relevant stakeholders aligned on a path forward, and then executing – quickly;
· Multitask and prioritize extremely well – know when and how to escalate issues quickly with the context/counsel needed to agree on a strategy, and when to manage issues independently;
· Ensure that press coverage of Amazon is accurate by spotting and quickly fixing errors on a wide range of topics;
Work with the legal, finance and HR team to manage communications around financial, corporate governance, legal issues and internal communications
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 10 years of public relations/strategic communications experience;
· Excellent English and Japanese writing and verbal communications skills.
· Minimum of 10 years of public relations/strategic communications experience in global organizations
· Diverse hands-on experience in Risk and Issues Communications and Reputation Management.