At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to help define the customer experience and plot the expansion planning needs for the Customer Service (CS) CX program management and operations network supporting Amazon’s customers in a specific geography within the Americas (CA, MX, BR, and Expansion).
If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
This Senior Program Manager, Americas will be working with the consumer business teams and the CS Operations teams in order to deliver a high-quality customer experience within a rapidly expanding geography. The role is highly collaborative requiring close alignments upstream and downstream on initiatives such as customer experience roadmaps, to include the identification, prioritization, and execution. This leader will work with business teams on business expansion plans, CX definition and improvement programs, CPU and concessions reduction priorities, and with CS operations teams on service delivery (i.e. PRR and SLs) helping to coordinate a customer service network of CS associates and supporting the customers buying on the Amazon website. The position will also lead a team of customer experience program and project managers in order to continuously improve the customer experience.
· Be involved in customer experience initiatives for the CS network, being the go-to person for anything related to customer service delivery for customers
· Support the CS senior leadership for the network strategy execution and expansion
· Have visibility on the network’s operational, financial, and experience goals (i.e. SL, PRR, CPU, KPU)
· Regularly report out to the senior leadership and key stakeholders in an effective and concise manner
· Gain the trust of all key stakeholders on the business and operations teams and provide guidance to meet customer experience and operational goals
· Proactively identify opportunities for innovation and invention, pilot the best ideas, and then implement broadly if proven to be advantageous
· Drive process improvements and keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment
· Actively and effectively network with the other teams, including Retail, Transportation, and all the CS support functions
· Support Development of strategies and programs that improve the competitive position and profitability of the organization
· Participate in business leadership meetings.
· Ensure superior customer experience in the entire network
· Participate in the expansion of the virtual CS support · Coordinate load balancing, both tactically and strategically (i.e., operational planning)
· Implement innovative processes to optimize the channel mix, implement skill-based routing, and improve the service structure to the benefit of the customers
· Ensure timely implementation of CS improvements that are launched in other OUs (e.g., Amazon.com)
· Ensure a consistent customer experience for all languages served in each OU.
· Lead and manage a team of Amazon CX program managers
· Effectively partner and build productive working relationships with direct reports, operations, peers, senior leadership, stakeholders and other departments
· Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentoring to all levels of leadership within their organizational units, as well as serving as an outstanding role model
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating managers; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining managers; and facilitating effective conflict resolution.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority /
Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 2+ years internal Amazon experience
· 7+ years of leadership positions experience
· Experience managing (directly or through a matrix relationship) a customer experience team and customer service network constituted by multiple sites, with a proven track record of customer satisfaction successes
· Senior leadership positions in multinational companies is required, along with a high degree of comfort to exercise leadership in fluid environments, a clear bias for action, and a track record of delivering results
· Quantitative analytical abilities, experience with “big data”
· Demonstrated experience in successfully launching new sites and/or new projects of significant size
· Demonstrated experience leading a Customer Experience team or a Customer Service organization
· Masters or advanced degree in business or quantitative field is preferred (i.e., math, statistics, engineering, or science)
· Lean/Six sigma experience
· Previous experience with international businesses is strongly preferred