Amazon is seeking an Internal Controls Manager to support the Finance Operation Services AR/AP/Payroll controllership processes.
The Costa Rica Finance Business Services started in 2014 and will continue to support Amazon’s expansions in the Americas Region. FBS team apart from handling basic transaction processing, is also engaged in critical research and complex analytical activities. The team comprises of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll into its portfolio.
The Controllership/Self-Inspection (CSI) team’s mission is to strengthen Amazon’s reputation and safeguard assets by entrenching a risk resilient controls environment and promoting a controllership culture.
We are looking for a strong leader that will take ownership and drive change in a dynamic global business environment. It is expected that the individual will ensure Amazon's Finance Business processes stay ahead of risks associated with growth in areas of process design, internal control effectiveness, computer system integration, and other relevant areas.
This individual must be a strong leader who is eager to dive deep into processes and who is adept at driving change within a very dynamic global business environment with a proven record of delivering process efficiency results. The preferred candidate will have outstanding auditing skills, problem solving skills, Payroll, AP and AR process and system knowledge, and customer service passion.
This role will be involved in multiple simultaneous global projects that have impacts to the Finance Business Services organization and require a solid understanding of our systems and processes. The ideal candidate is expected to take ownership, identify process improvement opportunities for existing processes and controls, and drive positive change in the organization.
· Develop, modify and maintain the operational and design effectiveness of Payroll/AP/AR processes and controls
· Prepare work papers
· Partner and Communicate with multiple business teams to find root cause and develop mitigating controls
· Lead special projects to drive Payroll/AP/AR improvements and integrations across the Finance Operations teams
· Coordinate with teams across IT, HR, Finance and Accounting to ensure that best practices are followed and implemented
· Audit access to multiple financial systems within Payroll/AP/AR
· Create and maintain business continuity plans for multiple countries
· Vat knowledge is desirable
· 8+ years of relevant finance/accounting/Payroll experience in a shared services environment
· 3+ years of experience in creating ad hoc reports using various report writing programs
· Professional Qualification (CPA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.) including BS/BA degree Accounting/Finance, or related field
· “Big 4” experience and/or equivalent audit / business controls experience
· Proven experience performing ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel including V-look ups, pivot tables, macros, and other complex functions
· Master's degree in Accounting/Finance