Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The EU Pricing team works to ensure that Amazon’s customers have the most competitive prices on Amazon.com. In a very real way, we impact our customers every day.
The EU Pricing team is currently looking for an analytical, forward-thinking BIE to join us at our European headquarters in the cosmopolitan city of Luxembourg. You will set up and deliver robust, structured reporting, analytics for pricing teams across Europe. Drawing on strong curiosity, you also will be a key contributor to shaping our strategic innovation program by equipping the project teams with the right insights into pricing.
The growth of the business and the increasing complexity of the make this role an exciting and interesting proposition. Expect to get involved in new projects and initiatives, driving performance, and help building plans for the future, in addition to exposure to senior stakeholders in the EU.
You will have an eye for detail, are proficient/advanced in SQL/DW/Python and have a knack for solving tough data problems. You will also get the chance to work on cutting tools in AWS. The role requires you to feel comfortable working with and clearly communicating with other functional teams, regionally and globally.
The position will be based in Luxembourg, reporting to the Head of EU Pricing. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and a critical problem solver.
Amazon prides itself on its peculiar culture and honors differences inherent in each Amazonian. At Amazon we seek to include these perspectives as we develop new products and services for customers around the world.
· Create and own pricing metrics and reporting/dashboards/financial models for the Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Business reviews, as well as for ad hoc business projects.
· Propose and prioritize changes to reporting and create additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements
· Drive innovation by supporting the business on key strategic initiatives across the EU
· Identify and implement new capabilities and best practices to develop and improve automated data analysis processes
· Learn and understand a growing range of Amazon data resources and discover how, and when to use which datasets
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience a plus
· Strong grasp of SQL and at least one scripting or programming language (e.g. R, Python).
· 6+ years’ experience in developing end to end business intelligence solutions, including: data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology.
· Experience with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases a plus - Redshift (preferred), Teradata
· Experience applying advanced analytics to solve business problems at scale
· Naturally curious – a self-starter who is eager to understand the business and insights behind the numbers and can also proactively identify challenges/ opportunities/ solutions.
· Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas clearly to the stakeholders. Strong critical thinking with a problem-solving aptitude
· Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skill.
· Fluency in English required; other EU languages a plus