The AWS Mobile Applications’ services include AWS Mobile Hub, Device Farm, AppSync, AWS Mobile SDK and AWS Amplify. Our mission is to expand the toolset and improve the developer experience of mobile app so they can focus on building great innovative experiences for their customers. We enable developers to create high-quality apps that are scalable, secure, and highly available by integrating a broad range of AWS services seamlessly into their apps.
As a member of the team, you will:
· Deliver a lot of high quality code
· Work closely with the product team and development teams to design documentation website features and sample applications.
· Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
· Participate in estimation and sprint planning
· Mentor junior team members
· Strong UX design skills and sound knowledge of UX best practices with the ability to incorporate into solutions.
· Experience building large-scale web services
· AWS product experience and development using the AWS platform
· Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
· Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· GraphQL experience and knowledge
· Strong knowledge in browser and Web APIs
· Experience in open Source development practices and community engagement
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Experience working with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
· Eagerness to adopt a lead role in mentoring and developing others.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation