Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows. From one service, we're delivering versatile ways to watch hundreds of thousands of titles on the web, mobile and tablet devices, and hundreds of Internet-connected TVs, Blu-Ray players, set-top boxes and living room devices.
The Amazon Prime Video User Experience Design team is seeking a Senior Manager of UX Design to lead our mobile, tablet, and first-party (Amazon) devices design teams. As a key leader for Prime Video, you will work across product, research, design, tech and business teams to synthesize the customer needs and business opportunities that define our roadmap and UX architecture. As a role model for mixed method design & research best practices, you will leverage a deep understanding of customer needs, strong technical acumen, and strategic long-term business thinking to drive vision, execution of next generation initiatives, as well as deliver across ongoing releases for Prime Video’s mobile, tablet, and first-party device experiences.
You are a consumer-focused, data-driven, creative leader who has successfully designed and delivered high impact products at global scale. You are a sought-after advocate for design excellence. You lead with strong, hands on, design and technical expertise and are skilled at developing and socializing innovative vision throughout organizations.
▪ Defining and driving the UX vision & identity for the Prime Video customer experience.
▪ Going deep on consumer insights, product analytics, and competitive intelligence to identify unseen opportunities, and drive product & experience innovation.
▪ Leading brainstorming sessions and design reviews and quick, iterative user research for ideation and concept refinement.
▪ Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them, via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, and prototypes, or other novel methods.
▪ Evangelizing initiatives to a diverse audience, across business and technical teams in both ad-hoc and formal presentations.
▪ Staying on the cutting edge of what’s new in technology and user experience, identifying, experimenting with acting on new technologies and interaction patterns.
▪ Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams within Prime Video as well as partner teams across Amazon.
▪ Inspiring, leading and developing a team of Designers, Researchers, and Product Managers.
▪ Contributing to the future direction of design at Amazon with the larger Amazon Design community
▪ 10+ years of experience designing complex consumer facing digital products and experiences (preferably cross platform web, mobile, device, 10ft, software, or other media).
▪ Experience designing for content, services, and e-commerce in a global context.
▪ Expert knowledge of prototyping and testing at large and small scale.
▪ Inspiring and precise executive level communication and presentation skills.
▪ Proficiency using contemporary design tools to solve complex problems and communicate in visually stunning detail.
▪ A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading design and business success.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
▪ Experience designing for multimodal interactions, including voice.
▪ Experience relying on analytics and data to shape product decisions and empower tracking the effectiveness of change.
▪ Committed to learning and teaching professional and technical knowledge.
▪ Master’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience.