Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators.
Amazon Games seeks a Lead Game Engineer with broad game development experience and world-class software engineering skills having shipped games on PC, mobile and console platforms. This is a rare opportunity to take a technical leadership role to shape the foundation of an unannounced AAA games business. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and also excel at customer focus, communication, and iterating with game designers to deliver the best product.
As a Lead Cross Platform Engineer, you will be expected to:
· Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
· Design, build, and own dynamic and robust systems and tools to quickly deliver gameplay experiences to the customer for new cross platform game experiences.
· Be a leader on a new team of engineers, designers, and artists working with teams across Amazon Games Studios and Amazon Web Services.
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
· Lead the development of project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams
· 7+ years of coding experience with C#, C++, and/or Java
· At least 2 released PC, mobile or console games where you were a primary contributor
· At least 1 released and operated game as a service on either PC, iOS, or Android where you were a primary contributor
· 7+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in cloud services, object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
· Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in C# or C++
· Contributed source code changes on an in-house or third-party game engine
· Experience with graphics, networking, AI, and/or performance optimizations
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services
· Experience in a technical leadership role
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation