Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 50 million visits to its catalogue of more than million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Egypt Finance Manager will be responsible for managing consumer finance for Egypt, and affecting people, process and technology needed to achieve organizational goals. This involves collaboration with other finance teams and business owners to drive initiatives and advise stakeholders through financial and business analysis. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and demanding work environment is critical to success in this role.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and strategic influencing skills, experienced in large scale change management across functions and geographies, and exhibit a restless pursuit for improvement.
· Partnering with Egypt consumer team as well as other Finance teams to drive improvement activities, efficiency gains and decision support.
· Be responsible to support Business initiatives and expansions. Ability to support business new initiatives and process design and improvement. Own Egypts consumer projects aimed at delivering meaningful efficiencies both financial and process wise.
· Lead Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly business reviews along with the country manager, as well as planning and forecasting cycles.
· Identify and own opportunities to grow Egypt business profitability and establish and manage the ongoing tracking of such initiatives to ensure the successful implementation of initiatives.
· Building robust business case analyses of new programs, deals and acquisition proposals.
· Decision support analysis to support commercial terms negotiations.
· Contributing to the prioritization of objectives and organizational development to help support rapid business growth and bring the Finance Business Services function to the next level of business partnering and support.
· Coordinating and/or playing a key role in business and operations reviews designed to identify expansion projects, changes in business trajectory, controllership enhancements and accounting risks.
· Driving vendor and customer issues to resolution enabling a virtuous cycle of opportunity for the greater business.
· Supporting the development of project roadmaps and working with multiple teams to implement effective long-term solutions which optimize the productivity of the team as well as that of our business partners.
· Leading the country Weekly Business Review and performing necessary analysis
· Leading internal Monthly & Quarterly Business Reviews with different categories leads and assisting the country manager in presentation to region leadership
· Lead the planning cycles and coordinate among different teams towards building the consolidated country plans.
· Work with retail team on identifying margin improvement initiatives and coordinate with different teams to track and ensure
Projects evaluation and tracking
- will require to travel approx. 30%
Experience of 7 - 10 years in in a finance-related field
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA-finance / ACCA
Demonstrated exceptional analytical and quantitative skills
Rigorous attention to detail
Strong written and verbal communication
Must have substantial experience with MS Excel
Fluency in Arabic and English
Understanding of the e-Commerce business model
Experience of Oracle / finance ERP is preferred. Hands on experience on accounting & reconciliation process is also value added.
Certification of accounting professional or MBA preferred. (CPA, ACCA)