Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows. From one service, we're delivering versatile ways to watch hundreds of thousands of titles on the web, mobile devices, and hundreds of Internet-connected TVs, Blu-Ray players, set top boxes, and game consoles.
The Prime Video UX team is seeking a highly motivated Senior UX Designer to design Prime Video for mobile. In this role you will lead the creation of our mobile product experiences, serving as the guiding force for design that will delight and inspire our customers. You will play an integral role in defining our mobile UX across all supported mobile & tablet platforms including iOS, Android, and Fire OS.
In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you’ll work on all aspects of UX design including information architecture, interaction, motion, visual, audio, and prototyping. you’ll drive design from early-stage conceptual design through final delivery and launch. You’ll work closely with product management, engineering, and executive leadership across Prime Video and partner with other teams across Amazon on a project-basis. You will have ownership of features from vision to execution but will also guide a studio of designers on how to craft the best mobile experiences for Prime Video.
We are looking for a talented and experienced designer with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid design instincts who can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. Ideal candidates are self-starters who bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on. They are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments.
· Analyze user interface problems and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business and customer requirements and goals
· Incorporate market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints, and user research into world-class design solutions.
· Quickly and iteratively create interaction flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
· Develop and maintain detailed user interface and design specifications
· Present design work to the UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as executive leadership and project stakeholders for review and feedback.
· A link to an online portfolio or online work samples is required for consideration on the role. Please include the URL in your resume.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· 7+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
· Experience with design and technologies for iOS, Android, and common web frameworks
· Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively
· Experience working collaboratively with product management and developers to implement designs
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
· Proficiency in a design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, OmniGraffle, and Dreamweaver
· Highly skilled at storyboarding, prototyping, motion-graphics, usability testing and visual design
· Adept at interactive prototyping with tools like Flash, After Effects, Framer, Pixate, Adobe XD, etc.
· Familiarity with the technical considerations of designing for entertainment-focused, streaming media experiences
· Experience designing consumer services that deploy across web, mobile, and 'living room' devices