Do you have a passion for the Fresh food industry and expertise in product development? Are you a dynamic, organized self-starter who is detail oriented with a high level of experience in manufacturing specification creation, data entry and database management? Amazon is currently looking for a specification technologist to join our Amazon Prepared Foods Commercialization team.
Owns the creation of manufacturing specifications along with the ongoing management of finished goods assets within the product life-cycle management system.
Responsible for on time and accurate transferal of data from both internal and external partners. Leads specification maintenance and upgrades along with process improvements for ongoing optimization.
Works cross functionally with the teams to deliver technical specifications to our partners. Utilizes food science background to develop testing protocols and implement evaluation processes throughout the product development cycle.
Manages the implementation of change management requests so they accurately flow through the database of finished goods.
Supports the start-up and implementation of new and optimized products.
Ability to trouble shoot inconsistencies within specifications and create action plans to remedy.
· 3 years in Culinary Development/Food Product Development
· 2 years’ experience using product life-cycle management systems
· 2 years’ experience developing and maintaining manufacturing specifications
· 1 year experience on-boarding product into co-manufacturer
· Experiences with Microsoft Office including SharePoint and formula management focused systems.
· 5 years in food industry product development
· Culinary experience/training
· Experience working in a cross-functional organization environment
· Experience and knowledge of ingredient functionality
(Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation)