At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, and Bioshock.
We are looking for a software engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean & scalable design. You are constantly challenging yourself and others to come up with better solutions. You have a passion for learning new technologies and can pick up new technologies quickly.
If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
Key responsibilities include:
· Drive the architecture and technology choices that enable world-class online games.
· Design, implement and operate highly-scalable, highly-available and secure gaming services.
· Mentor other junior engineers on the team on code quality. Actively participate in code reviews.
· Be a champion for operational excellence: Insist on the highest standards and write service code that help continuously improve availability and reliability of our service.
· Have fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
· Contribute to code reviews, design reviews and development process improvement.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) experience.
· 5+ years of shipping large scale services.
· Proficiency in computer science fundamentals – data structures, algorithm and OO design.
· Strong java or C++ programming experience.
· Game industry experience working on large-scale, commercial online game services.
· Multiple shipped titles, including AAA console or PC titles.
· Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (e.g. multiplayer, business intelligence, monetization).
· Experience with AWS.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.