Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, our aim has been to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How? By having people like you who make sure that our customers can find everything that they are looking for online – at great value and convenience. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continuously innovating to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
We encourage an entrepreneurial environment where ideas are valued, respected and implemented quickly. Our aim is to offer customers more choice and the fastest delivery at great value.
Amazon is looking for a talented, driven and experienced Head of Vendor Management (m/f) within the Alcoholic Beverages business. The successful candidate will be responsible for selection expansion including identifying potential brand and product business opportunities, building direct relationships with key suppliers, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions, managing vendor setup and new item setup processes, working with suppliers to build comprehensive selection, setting prices, developing collaborative marketing and promotions, driving sales and margin improvements.
The candidate should have experience analyzing new business opportunities, building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. They will work with vendors of all sizes – and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels of these organizations. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. The right candidate stays on top of industry and competitive trends, and is able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive selection, sales, and margin growth.
In addition, the Head of Vendor Management (m/f) must be an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon internal groups such as in-stock management, site merchandising, marketing, PR, finance, operations, and retail systems. It is highly cross-functional and needs influencing abilities while collaborating within and outside Amazon.
The candidate will lead the Vendor Management team and brings string leadership and motivational skills.
· Bachelor Degree plus several years of relevant experience in buying/planning, operations, business analysis, or finance.
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. Detail oriented.
· Experience in presenting to senior management.
· Experience with business analysis and expertise in Excel.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter and self-directed.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation.
· Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools.
· Track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Proven analytical skills
· Experience negotiating and closing complex business deals.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills in German and English
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects
· e-Commerce experience
· Negotiating experience in the retail sector
· MBA from top business school or other clear evidence of entrepreneurial strength, business awareness and financial management
· Knowledge and/or previous experience within the industry