The Alexa Fund team is seeking a Portfolio Development Manager that will manage portfolio relationships and help develop Alexa & Amazon programs with our growing portfolio of companies across are a part of Amazon’s $200M global venture investing program. The role provides a mix of Business Development, Product Management, Program Management, and Marketing to help Alexa Fund portfolio companies leverage the teams and resources of Amazon to accelerator their growth.
You will own engagement with portfolio companies to unlock their potential on Alexa and other Amazon products and services. You will work with cross-functional teams to deliver new Alexa use-cases for customers, define and execute new products and features with Alexa teams, develop marketing programs for the Alexa Fund, and help manage events that promote sharing of knowledge for startup founders. You will build a robust network across Amazon and help to communicate the importance of startups to Alexa’s mission.
· Manage relationships with Alexa Fund portfolio companies and work closely with the CEOs/founders pre- and post-investment to see the integration strategies through and open up business development opportunities for the companies with Amazon
· Plan and define product use cases and features for new and existing portfolio companies
· Collaborate with Alexa teams to identify emerging use-cases, evangelize portfolio companies, and align roadmaps
· Plan and execute ongoing workshops/webinars to provide Alexa & Amazon updates to portfolio companies
· Develop marketing strategies that provide external amplification for Portfolio Companies and the Alexa Fund
· Review and partake in due-diligence of potential Alexa Fund investments
· Recruit Amazon subject matter experts to act as coaches/mentors and match them with portfolio companies
· Develop understanding of programs/services across Amazon and development access for portfolio companies
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience working with or at early-stage and growth companies, Accelerators/Incubators, and/or VC firms
· 5+ years experience in product management, marketing, program management and/or a related field
· MBA Preferred
· Experience with Alexa Skill Development
· Experience with creating and executing marketing campaigns
· Experience building and executing go-to-market strategies
· Bias for action and ability to work independently with ambiguity toward stated goals with minimal oversight
· Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to influence a range of teams and executive leaders across multiple businesses.
· Ability to own and drive multiple high-impact programs at the same time